Project Lighthouse

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

Heh

It's almost July 4th.

It's been a rough year for me. Even the last half out here in San Diego. I'm having a lot of trouble adjusting. I guess it's hard for me to start up a new life here.

I'm very hopeful though. Really looking forward. A while ago I was pretty bummed out that I hadn't been doing so well. Things are looking up though. I guess not so much but at least my outlook is.

It's tough sometimes though. I still think about Ali a lot. Not like I used to but in weird ways. For instance I'll notice something and think that she would like it or a place/activity that would be fun to go together. It just kind of comes to me. Then I realize that part of my life is over. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

I think that was a great experience but I feel like I should resent thinking of Ali. I still think the world of her and it kills me.

Still, at the same time I'm getting comfortable out here. I wish I knew more people though. I guess important lasting relationships don't just come along all the time though. Makes me value my friends and family. People don't just fall into your lap either though. I really need to start meeting new people here. It's hard though. That is just outside of my routine. I don't have anyone to go to bars with plus I'm so outside of my element there anyway. I mean being at a bars with friends is ok but I'm not comfortable with new people there. I need to just start taking risks and putting myself out there. Any ideas?

My life is starting to come together though. I'm getting a bit more grounded. Need to get a social life though. Oh yeah - not bomb my classes either...

Oh well :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home